sustantivo (plural igual or rockfishes)
- A marine fish of the scorpionfish family with a laterally compressed body. It is generally a bottom-dweller in rocky areas and is frequently of sporting or commercial value.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Sebastes, family Scorpaenidae: numerous species
- Now we're catching species with long life spans such as the orange roughy, rockfishes, and large groupers, many of which are now seriously threatened.
- For the first time, anglers off the Donegal coast of north-west Ireland have reported catching bluefin tuna and bluemouth rockfish.
- When a snipefish was recovered from the belly of a rockfish off the coast of Southern California, it was the first found in that region for more than 40 years.
Más definiciones de rockfishDefinición de rockfish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.