Definición de roll call en inglés:
1The process of calling out a list of names to establish who is present.
- The days pass, interminable and empty, without the slightest occupation, without any other obligation beyond presence at the roll-calls in the morning and at midday.
- As we gathered for morning roll-call, he emerged from his one-man tent in the uniform of a Japanese officer of the Imperial Army.
- Other escape ideas included ‘Max’, a life-size dummy used to cover up for missing escapees during roll-calls, and specially designed ladders to scale the perimeter fence.
1.1A list or group of people or things that are notable in some specified way: a roll call of young hopefuls
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Turning from subjects to contributors, the roll-call is undeniably impressive.
- The poem's ostensible subjects are a typical enough roll-call of his concerns.
- Its indicative of the society we live in these days that we all appear on numerous computer based roll-calls of our names and addresses.
Definición de roll call en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan