- 1The process of calling out a list of names to establish who is present.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The days pass, interminable and empty, without the slightest occupation, without any other obligation beyond presence at the roll-calls in the morning and at midday.
- As we gathered for morning roll-call, he emerged from his one-man tent in the uniform of a Japanese officer of the Imperial Army.
- Other escape ideas included ‘Max’, a life-size dummy used to cover up for missing escapees during roll-calls, and specially designed ladders to scale the perimeter fence.
- 1.1A list or group of people or things that are notable in some specified way: a roll call of young hopefulsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Turning from subjects to contributors, the roll-call is undeniably impressive.
- The poem's ostensible subjects are a typical enough roll-call of his concerns.
- Its indicative of the society we live in these days that we all appear on numerous computer based roll-calls of our names and addresses.
Más definiciones de roll callDefinición de roll call en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.