Definición de rolling stone en inglés:
A person who is unwilling to settle for long in one place: he was a rolling stone, with no ties to anyone or anyplace
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This week sees even you rolling stones settling into the pleasures of restful domesticity.
- You rolling stones are best off investigating the pleasures of domesticity this week.
- Free-spirited and eccentric she, the rolling stone of the crew, fills most of her time trying to find herself when she's not working on her documentary about single mothers.
a rolling stone gathers no moss
- proverb A person who does not settle in one place will not accumulate wealth or status, or responsibilities or commitments.Example sentences
- He certainly was not sympathetic towards the spirituality of them, and he once commented to a friend considering the monastic life, ‘It is true that a rolling stone gathers no moss, but then, why should it?’
- Just as a rolling stone gathers no moss, an active brain grows no hair.
- But sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth, watch the way the cookie crumbles, let sleeping dogs lie, and remember that a rolling stone gathers no moss.
Definición de rolling stone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan