Definición de romanticism en inglés:
- In common with other early nineteenth century literature, Emily Brontë's novel contains elements of romanticism, gothic, and fantasy.
- Balanced between neoclassicism and romanticism, the composition appears at once rigidly stable yet inherently fluid.
- This involved a step from classicism towards romanticism - which was also a shift from civilisation towards barbarism.
Romanticism was a reaction against the order and restraint of classicism and neoclassicism, and a rejection of the rationalism which characterized the Enlightenment. In music, the period embraces much of the 19th century, with composers including Schubert, Schumann, Liszt, and Wagner. Writers exemplifying the movement include Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Shelley, and Keats; among romantic painters are such stylistically diverse artists as William Blake, J. M. W. Turner, Delacroix, and Goya
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Like the leading surrealists he undertook a serious study of psychoanalysis and cultivated a friendship with the German romanticist writer Hermann Hesse for whose books he provided illustrations.
- After a brief stint as a literary critic in the columns of L' Indicatore Genovese on the side of the romanticists against classicists, he found his way into the secret society of the carbonari to conspire and agitate for government reform.
- It was a pathetic love story of the romanticist poetess Elizabeth Barrett and novice poet Robert Browning.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.