sustantivo (plural rondeaux pronunc. igual or /-əʊz/)
- A poem of ten or thirteen lines with only two rhymes throughout and with the opening words used twice as a refrain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their fourth exercise/poem was their choice of a form using repetition or refrain: a villanelle, rondeaux, traditional ghazal, glosa, sestina or pantoum.
- The refrain of his rondeau is ‘drop the saxophone, Danton, and get on with the show.’
- It may be that the most difficult poetic form isn't the sestina or the rondeau redoublé but a modernist, free-verse form commonly known as the ‘skinny’ poem: three-, two-, and often one-word lines expose the poet's every gesture.
early 16th century: French, later form of rondel (see rondel).
Más definiciones de rondeauDefinición de rondeau en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.