Definición de rosary en inglés:
sustantivo (plural rosaries)
1(In the Roman Catholic Church) a form of devotion in which five (or fifteen) decades of Hail Marys are repeated, each decade preceded by an Our Father and followed by a Glory Be.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Isabella felt so blessed by God that she offered two novenas, three rosaries and gave more donations to the order she was part of.
- Feasts of the village patron saint are celebrated, the rosary said every evening and funeral rites arranged and paid for when necessary.
- The mission began each morning with a Mass at five o'clock, followed by a second at nine-thirty and rosary in the evenings at seven with instruction.
1.1A string of beads for keeping count in a rosary or in the devotions of some other religions, in Roman Catholic use 55 or 165 in number: she is telling her rosary [as modifier]: rosary beads
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One man was holding a long string of rosary beads in his trembling hands.
- She had her rosary beads, and was praying to St. Catherine.
- Her head was bowed, lips moving silently as she clutched her rosary beads.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'rose garden'): from Latin rosarium 'rose garden', based on rosa 'rose'.
Palabras que riman con rosarycauserie
Definición de rosary en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda