1 Anatomy Situated or occurring near the front end of the body, especially in the region of the nose and mouth or (in an embryo) near the hypophyseal region: the rostral portion of the brain
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There may also be stimuli that originate from a region of the brain rostral to the pons and medulla (possibly the hypothalamus and motor cortex) and operate independently of the other stimuli.
- The typical somatic nerve fibers in the striated muscle at the rostral end of the organ terminate in motor end plates.
- A peristaltic contraction, a single front of contraction moving smoothly from the rostral end of the esophagus to the stomach, always follows a swallow.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the midline rostrally are the frontal and spheroid sinuses.
- EMG signals show high amplitude spikes both rostrally and caudally, with no contralateral muscle activity and no detectable rostrocaudal lag at the onset of muscle activity.
- A profusion of white fibers issuing from the ventral aspect of the dentate nucleus converge rostrally to form the main part of the superior cerebellar peduncle.
Definición de rostral en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.