Definición de roughage en inglés:
1Fibrous indigestible material in vegetable foodstuffs which aids the passage of food and waste products through the gut: fresh fruit and wholemeal bread are important sources of roughage in the diet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has a sugar so it gives you some energy, but it also has some fiber and roughage, so it gives the illusion of being healthier.
- Consumerism exploits our instinctive tendency to overeat fats and sugars by dressing food products up as ‘healthy’ or ‘nourishing’ or ‘energy giving’ when what most of us need is plenty of roughage and a lot less calories.
- If people were designed to be strict vegetarians, we would have a specialized colon, specialized teeth and a stomach that doesn't have a generalized pH - all the better to handle roughage.
1.1 Farming Coarse, fibrous fodder.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sows in group housing that were not fed additional roughage had an increased risk of body lesions than sows in herds where additional roughage was fed.
- It takes 60 to 90 days for them to develop the four-chamber ruminant stomach that allows them to eat roughage and extract protein from it.
- In many areas of the Southeast U.S., cottonseed hulls are often the primary source of roughage or are used to extend conventional forage supplies.
Palabras que riman con roughagewordage • staffage
Definición de roughage en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda