Definición de roughneck en inglés:
1A rough and uncouth person: the usual roughnecks and gangsters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The roughnecks and hooligans have gone and instead families on a Saturday night dine alfresco on the broad shrub-lined pavements as though they were in Paris.
- Above all, every effort is made to avoid roughnecks and ‘muscle-bound morons.’
- The power in Corb's songs is his ability to bring his world of roughnecks and steer roping to life on the stage.
2An oil rig worker.
- He gave two-thirds of full-time employees - everyone from top management to roughnecks working on oil rigs - Net-linked laptops.
- When I worked in the South as a roughneck on oil rigs and as a steamfitter, I saw men like Walt get hung out to dry.
- The bump-backs cascade down the hierarchy of skills and seniority; the roustabouts and roughnecks in lesser-skilled positions and typically of recent hire go walking.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun roughnecking) Volver al principio
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan