Definición de roughneck en inglés:
1A rough and uncouth person: the usual roughnecks and gangsters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The roughnecks and hooligans have gone and instead families on a Saturday night dine alfresco on the broad shrub-lined pavements as though they were in Paris.
- Above all, every effort is made to avoid roughnecks and ‘muscle-bound morons.’
- The power in Corb's songs is his ability to bring his world of roughnecks and steer roping to life on the stage.
2An oil rig worker.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He gave two-thirds of full-time employees - everyone from top management to roughnecks working on oil rigs - Net-linked laptops.
- When I worked in the South as a roughneck on oil rigs and as a steamfitter, I saw men like Walt get hung out to dry.
- The bump-backs cascade down the hierarchy of skills and seniority; the roustabouts and roughnecks in lesser-skilled positions and typically of recent hire go walking.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun roughnecking) Volver al principio
Palabras que riman con roughneckswan-neck • rubberneck
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda