sustantivo (plural roundsmen)
- 1British A trader’s employee who goes round delivering and taking orders: a milk roundsmanMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A milk roundsman who canvassed his employer's customers on his last day to give their business to him thereafter was held to have broken his contract.
- He was employed as a roundsman to drive his float round his round and to deliver milk, to collect empties and to obtain payment.
- The roundsmen raced from house to house, arms laden with milk bottles, while the horses ambled steadily forwards.
- 2US A police officer in charge of a patrol.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What has been ‘produced’ since 1970 is a stupendous reduction that no cop or police roundsman doing Sunday morning ‘intrusions’ at the homes of the bereaved in 1970 would have thought possible.
- The woman who lost two husbands and two sons to violent deaths has now come across another formidable foe in this legendary police roundsman.
- Contrary to instructions, this roundsman chose to do what he was employed to do in an improper way.
- 3Australian A journalist covering a specified subject.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ABC Radio's Sydney newsroom is still without an industrial relations reporter, more than two months after its roundsman left the job.
- Formerly the Education roundsman for The Sydney Morning Herald, he also edited the Saturday edition and co-ordinated the paper's Olympics coverage.
Más definiciones de roundsmanDefinición de roundsman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.