Definición de royal en inglés:
- The play is about Anastasia Romanov, a member of the Russian royal family, after the fall of the Russian monarchy in 1918.
- As well as the Queen Mother, the queen and her husband Prince Philip, most other members of the royal family are due to attend the funeral.
- Boromo Trailokanat resolved the question of succession by ranking every member of the royal family in relation to the reigning monarch.
- Prince Charles gave the royal seal of approval to the appeal launched by St John's Church in Devizes by attending a fundraising concert.
- Prince Andrew of Greece was reburied in the royal Summer Palace at Tatoi in Athens.
- Castles, stately homes and royal palaces comprise nine per cent of all listed buildings and industrial heritage accounts for five per cent.
- She had been a royal Maid of Honour from 1853 and her marriage had brought her closer to the throne.
- His wife, he said, understood the pressures of a life as a royal butler because she was the Duke of Edinburgh's maid for 16 years.
- When a guest at a ball for royal staff at Buckingham Palace the Duke asked her what she thought of the food.
- There is more to Rajasthan than just its royal splendour or amazing camel rides through never-ending sand dunes.
- Certainly there was a royal quality to the servings - I struggled to finish them.
- The people of Tory Island and their King were treated to a royal welcome in Monasterevin last weekend.
- A right royal rumpus has erupted over York's Golden Jubilee Rugby League Festival after a team from Oxford tried once again to muscle in on the event.
- The princess wants to run away, much to the King and Queen's concern, and only our hero can prevent a right royal row.
- Last Tuesday her dedication and hard work received a right royal accolade.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- At 11.10 am Royal Family members, foreign royals and members of the Queen Mother's family will be seated.
- At the Abbey, members of the Royal Family, foreign royals, members of the Bowes Lyon family and other blood relatives move in procession to their seats.
- Some 35 members of the Royal Family and 25 foreign royals were there to pay a personal tribute.
rule from Middle English:
We think of rules as giving us lines to follow, and the word goes back to Latin regula ‘straight stick’, and beyond that to regere ‘to rule’, the source of regency and royal (Late Middle English). To rule the roost is to be in complete control. The original form of the phrase was rule the roast, from the end of the 15th century, which may imply that it referred to the most important person at a banquet or feast. Roast changed to roost in the 18th century when people started thinking about a cockerel asserting itself over the other roosting birds in the farmyard. The rule in run the rule over, ‘to examine quickly’, is a measuring stick or ruler. It has the same meaning in rule of thumb, ‘a broadly accurate guide based on practice rather than theory’. This expression, recorded from 1692, is probably from the ancient use of parts of the body, such as the foot and the hand, as units of measurement. The first joint of a man's thumb is about an inch long, and so is useful for making rough measurements when you have mislaid your ruler. See also rail
royal road to
- A way of attaining or reaching something without trouble: there is no royal road to teachingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It has become orthodoxy in most texts on politics and political science that something called ‘economic liberalisation’ is the royal road to international acceptability.
- I can start, I suppose, by attacking the notion that liberalism or secularism - or even nihilism, for that matter - is the royal road to totalitarianism.
- Freud famously said that dreams were the royal road to the unconscious; perhaps the movies offer another way to get there.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- All expenses are paid and you are treated royally.
- He was, however, royally compensated for the disappointment.
- Their supporters did them proud, as they gave the visitors a warm American welcome and treated them royally for the duration of their week's visit.
Palabras que riman con royalloyal, viceroyal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.