sustantivo (plural rubies)
- Her collection is not much but it includes mica, aquamarine, tourmaline, rubies and rose quartz.
- And don't miss Ratnapura, where you can not only buy sapphires, rubies, moonstones, aquamarines and the rest, but you can also see where they are mined.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires are rarely drilled to make beads as this detracts from their worth.
- Susan likes to cook, so the kitchen is a focal point in the house, with a warm colour scheme of Burmese ruby combined with honey cream to offset the minimalism.
- After tasting their wine, a smooth, dark ruby Bordeaux blend with a rich berry flavor, I'm convinced they're well on their way.
- My mum bought me my very own pair of ruby slippers when I was 12 and she used to plait my hair just like Dorothy!
This is the English form of rubinus, the Latin name of the precious stone. This comes from rubeus ‘red’. This is also the source of rubric (Late Middle English) which goes back to Latin rubrica (terra) ‘red (earth or ochre as writing material)’, from the fact that rubrics were originally written in red ink.
Palabras que riman con rubybooby, jube, newbie, Newby
Definición de ruby en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.