Expressing sorrow or regret, especially in a wry or humorous way: she gave a rueful grin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now they have nothing but rueful regrets accompanied by doubts about how much longer this partly ageing side can remain together.
- Kay nodded to Ryan with a rueful grin upon his lips as he slipped out of his seat and moved towards the ladies.
- She gave her a rueful grin and hurried out the front door, nearly slamming into Kyle.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is a quality of self-directed ruefulness or self-causation.
- I told her about my coffee date with my neighbour last week, and we analysed with our usual ruefulness the mixture of mellowness and awkwardness that arose.
- Folk and country, romance and ruefulness, innocence and experience are all conjoined in their bewitching vocal harmonies.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda