A lemur with a prominent muzzle and dense fur that forms a ruff around the neck, living in the Madagascan rainforest.
- Varecia variegata, family Lemuridae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Besides working on lorises, she has studied ruffed lemurs, flying squirrels, opossums, civets, and several species of bats.
- Other animals at Folly Farm that are included in the European endangered species breeding programme are the black and white ruffed lemurs, the red ruffed lemurs and the Arabian oryx.
- Black and white ruffed lemurs are found in the wild only in Eastern Madagascar, and are becoming increasingly endangered due to the destruction of their rainforest habitat, poaching for meat and fur, and commercial exportation.
Definición de ruffed lemur en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.