Definición de ruminant en inglés:
1An even-toed ungulate mammal that chews the cud regurgitated from its rumen. The ruminants comprise the cattle, sheep, antelopes, deer, giraffes, and their relatives.
- Suborder Ruminantia, order Artiodactyla: six families
- The giraffe is the biggest ruminant and the tallest mammal in the world.
- In 2003, the United States exported approximately $7.5bn worth of beef, beef products, cattle and other ruminants and ruminant by-products.
- In 1997 the Canadian Food Inspection Agency banned the feeding of recycled products from ruminant animals back to other ruminants, like cattle, sheep, goats, bison, elk or deer.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Of or belonging to ruminants: a ruminant animal
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was interested in improving digestive processes within the rumen, the first of the four stomachs of ruminant animals, where cellulose is broken down by bacteria.
- Forage crops and native rangelands are vital to U.S. livestock interests, since they're the main feed staple of all ruminant animals tied to the meat and dairy industries.
- Groups of ruminant steers had settled down in the shade of old oaks.
Definición de ruminant en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan