Definición de runaround en inglés:
1 (the runaround) Deceitful or evasive treatment: they are being given the runaround by the Defence Ministry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fair Go (TV1, Wednesday, 7.30 pm) is back for its 27th year to help out Kiwis who have been ripped off, short-changed or given the runaround.
- He asked the US government agencies and got the runaround.
- But they ended up being given the runaround for seven days because Salford council didn't know whether it was their job to remove the vandalism at Barr Hill on Bolton Road, or the government's.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Disembarking from boat or plane, the air is crystal-clear and as fresh as it was before SUVs became everyday runarounds in the States.
- On the street, furious women in sunglasses slam the doors of all-terrain runarounds and march into little boutiques that sell what used to be called ‘notions’: comedy alarm clocks, executive desk ornaments and potpourri.
- The move from brute power to one of the most fashionable and urbane runarounds on the road isn't as bizarre as it sounds, he insists.
Definición de runaround en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia