sustantivo[usually as modifier] Geology
1.1The system of deposits laid down in the Saale glaciation.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Glacial deposits found in the southern part are probably of Saale age, or even older.
- Professor Shotton asked for amplification of the relationships of the Older Till, which the author dated as Saale, to the later drifts.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In this context, the preservation of a Zechstein section on top of the Upper Volcanic Unit in this well is key evidence that the erosion of the crest of the Grensen Nose occurred in Saalian rather than Mesozoic time.
- However, it should be noted that this anticline is partly related to post-Asturic tectonics: the Asturic unconformity is itself truncated by the Saalian unconformity on the crest of the structure.
- A widespread erosional unconformity is recognized throughout the Variscan foreland in mid-Permian time, known as the Saalian unconformity, and this unconformity is prominent in the Grensen Nose area.
Pronunciación: /ˈzɑːlɪən/adjetivo& sustantivo
1930s: from Saale1.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda