1A Mexican plant of the lily family, whose seeds contain veratrine.
- Schoenocaulon officinale, family Liliaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is not quite certain whether the seeds are obtained from the Veratrum sabadilla, a plant 3 or 4 feet high, or from the V. officinale, differing slightly in appearance and construction.
- In that country there grows in abundance a species of seed in form and color like oats, and locally known as sabadilla.
- The drops contain the extracts of ingredients such as aphis, or ground honey bees, and plants such as euphrasia and sabadilla.
1.1 [mass noun] A preparation of sabadilla seeds, used as an agricultural insecticide and in medicines: [as modifier]: sabadilla dust
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One, sabadilla, is made from a lily and works as a contact and stomach poison for numerous insects.
- Sabadilla produces symptoms similar to those of a cold or hay fever, which it is used to treat homeopathically.
- Sabadilla is considered among the least toxic of botanical insecticides.
Early 19th century: from Spanish cebadilla, diminutive of cebada 'barley'.
Definición de sabadilla en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda