- An area of coastal flats subject to periodic flooding and evaporation which result in the accumulation of aeolian clays, evaporites, and salts, found in North Africa and Arabia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is strong sedimentological evidence that the evaporites were precipitated in sabkhas or desert salt lakes.
- The preponderance of evidence for intrasediment growth and dissolution of evaporites supports a sabkha and, in particular, a saline mudflat setting.
- Such relationships can be understood if it is recognized that aggradation of the lake deposits and sabkhas was contemporaneous with deflation of subaerial dunes during episodes of generally rising lake level.
late 19th century: from Arabic sabqa 'salt flat'.
Más definiciones de sabkhaDefinición de sabkha en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.