1A hollow, flexible structure resembling a bag or pouch: a fountain pen with an ink sac
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rain Reviva is a system of flexible plastic sacs for storing rainwater - or recycling waste water - under the house.
- As the air filled the sac, the balloon took on an impossibly long shape.
- Reseal the plastic sac and leave it rocking for 1 h at room temperature.
1.1A cavity within an organism, enclosed by a membrane and containing air, liquid, or solid structures.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the field of biology, biochemists have been studying vesicles, the small membrane sacs found within cells.
- Fistulas commonly extend from the rectal sac to the perineum or genital tract in a female, or to the urinary tract in a male.
- If chemicals are splashed into the eye, the eye and the conjunctival sacs should be washed out immediately with copious amounts of water.
1.2The distended membrane surrounding a hernia, cyst, or tumour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the leak persists or the aneurysmal sac enlarges, intervention becomes necessary.
- In the vicinity of this mass, there was a hernia sac.
- As people get older, fluid-filled sacs, called ‘cysts,’ can form in the kidneys.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cnidarians (hydra, jellyfish, and sea anemones) and helminths have a sac-like digestive system with a single opening.
- Chlorosomes, found only in green photosynthetic bacteria, are large supramolecular sac-like complexes that are attached to the cytoplasmic side of the inner cell membrane.
- The saccular or cystic form is the most severe type and is characterized by a ballooning of the bronchi with fluid-filled, sac-like dilatations.
Palabras que riman con sacaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán