- 1The smaller of the two fluid-filled sacs forming part of the labyrinth of the inner ear (the other being the utriculus). It contains a region of hair cells and otoliths which send signals to the brain concerning the orientation of the head.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The maculae consist of rather shapeless compartments known as the sacculus and utriculus.
- A characterization of the ion channels which make a hair cell electrically resonant was obtained via studies of the bullfrog sacculus, a receptor for ground-borne vibration and low-frequency sound.
- Because the sacculus is buried deep within the ear, Todd and his colleagues could not measure its reaction to sound directly.
- 1.1 another term for saccule.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Next to these developing scars, enlarged alveolar sacculi with loss of septae and bronchiolization were observed.
- Sacculus formation is common, but rupture of a sacculus is very rare.
- Ultrasonography is used for the diagnosis and follow-up of the progression of the uterine sacculus until its disappearance.
mid 18th century: from Latin, diminutive of saccus 'sack'.
Más definiciones de sacculusDefinición de sacculus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.