Definición de sacrarium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural sacraria /-rɪə/)
1The sanctuary of a church.
- It is now on display in the sacrarium of the Catholic parish church of Neu-St Heribert.
- And the two senior priests, after bowing with reverence, enter the Sacrarium or wherever the Lord's Body is being reserved from the previous day and place.
- Melendez led a group of us through the exhibition and enchanted all visitors to the side chapel by opening the sacrarium to reveal a painting of the Last Supper.
1.1(In the Roman Catholic Church) a piscina.
- Unless the altar cloths have been stained with the Precious Blood, it is not necessary that they be cleaned in the sacrarium.
- Before they are washed, corporals and purifiers should always be rinsed first and the water should be disposed of as described above, in the sacrarium, etc.
Latin, from sacer, sacr- 'holy'.
Definición de sacrarium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan