- It is a work dedicated essentially to the greatness of the god Viu and is, therefore, particularly sacred to Vaiavas, worshippers of Viu.
- Indeed, every cooking bowl in Jerusalem and throughout Judah would be sacred to God.
- We mark that this day was sacred to the goddess Venus, to whom the Phoenicians consecrated the fish.
- Music, sacred or secular, was one of his greatest pleasures.
- The choir's repertoire includes sacred and secular music ranging from the 16th century to the present day and in a wide range of musical styles and languages.
- The special advent choral concert will be conducted by Peter Frost and includes sacred and secular music from early and modern composers.
- States have constitutions, political parties their manifestos and religions have sacred texts to guide their policies and action from time to time.
- I'm absolutely sure about that and it's in all the literature in the ancient, sacred writings of all religions.
- For instance, the sacred texts of many religions offer compelling narratives which, at their best, can promote ethical reflection and a sense of shared experience.
- Cows are regarded as sacred animals in my religion.
- Everyone should respect whatever is held sacred by any other individual.
- A rare ritual burial of four horses has been discovered in an area experts regard as a sacred landscape surrounding one of the most important prehistoric sites in the North of England.
- I should have never let my father interfere with our sacred bond.
- However, if life is seen as something valuable and sacred, to destroy an embryo is unethical and morally wrong.
- However, as Aristotle says, ‘It is sacred to honor truth above friendship.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Where, then, do we have an outlet to express our deepest beliefs, those things we hold most sacredly and, therefore, most passionately?
- However sacredly boomers regard their nostalgia, it turns out their children regard it as more precious than their own.
- For all the things that are sacredly religious about Christmas, there are two more things that aren't.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I've been so impressed over the years with the fact that the pagan religions are able to see the sacredness and the spiritual in every single dimension of life, without exception.
- God's creation of all persons in the divine image bestows sacredness upon human beings and thus makes them the children of God.
- The universality, the sacredness, and the divine origin of freedom are enshrined in our founding document.
Late Middle English: past participle of archaic sacre 'consecrate', from Old French sacrer, from Latin sacrare, from sacer, sacr- 'holy'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sa¦cred
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.