Definición de sacred ibis en inglés:
A mainly white ibis with a bare black head and neck and black plumes over the lower back, native to Africa and the Middle East, and venerated by the ancient Egyptians.
- Threskiornis aethiopicus, family Threskiornithidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a member of the ibis family, of which there are three others in South Africa: the sacred ibis (white body with black tail and neck), the bald ibis (red head, green body), and the glossy ibis (mostly glossy olive green).
- It houses over 50 individual birds made up of 12 different species including the sacred ibis, crowned cranes, hammerkop, white-cheeked touraco and lilac breasted roller.
- Known to the pharaohs as the crested ibis, it was regularly featured in jewelry and art, and, like the sacred ibis, had its own hieroglyph which symbolized splendor and brilliance.
Definición de sacred ibis en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda