Definición de sacrificial en inglés:
1Relating to or constituting a sacrifice: an altar for sacrificial offerings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Part of the ritual of sacrificial offering required pouring out water on the altar.
- The Hebrew for one of the many sacrificial offering is chatot, from the same root as the word chait.
- Spices were used as incense for the sacrificial offerings, which in our time is represented by Tefillah, prayer.
1.1 technical Designed to be used up or destroyed in fulfilling a purpose or function.
- Because magnesium is very reactive, it is used as a sacrificial anode (a substance designed to be oxidized first, thus protecting other metals) for the hulls of ships and in underground pipelines
- Sacrificial carbon anodes have been used in aluminum production since the process was invented in 1886.
- A 2.75 - in.-thick latex layer of concrete is placed on top to act as a short-term sacrificial layer that soaks up winter road salts and chemicals.
- Example sentences
- Robert Emmett was a republican hero of the early 19th century who had sacrificially martyred himself for Ireland's cause.
- Or the wife may sacrificially decide that giving her body with joy to her husband is more important than those few minutes of slumber.
- Baptists were also encouraged to give sacrificially of their energy, time, possessions, and money to help those in need and to further the interests of ‘Christ's kingdom’ in the world.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan