- 1Relating to or constituting a sacrifice: an altar for sacrificial offeringsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Part of the ritual of sacrificial offering required pouring out water on the altar.
- The Hebrew for one of the many sacrificial offering is chatot, from the same root as the word chait.
- Spices were used as incense for the sacrificial offerings, which in our time is represented by Tefillah, prayer.
- 1.1 • technical Designed to be used up or destroyed in fulfilling a purpose or function.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because magnesium is very reactive, it is used as a sacrificial anode (a substance designed to be oxidized first, thus protecting other metals) for the hulls of ships and in underground pipelines
- Sacrificial carbon anodes have been used in aluminum production since the process was invented in 1886.
- A 2.75 - in.-thick latex layer of concrete is placed on top to act as a short-term sacrificial layer that soaks up winter road salts and chemicals.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Robert Emmett was a republican hero of the early 19th century who had sacrificially martyred himself for Ireland's cause.
- Or the wife may sacrificially decide that giving her body with joy to her husband is more important than those few minutes of slumber.
- Baptists were also encouraged to give sacrificially of their energy, time, possessions, and money to help those in need and to further the interests of ‘Christ's kingdom’ in the world.