Definición de sacrosanct en inglés:
(Especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with: the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was understood equipment and shooting techniques would evolve, but the principles were sacrosanct.
- Basic human decency and respect for the dead as well as for the feelings of their grieving loved ones should guarantee that burial places are sacrosanct.
- Sovereignty has long been a sacrosanct principle in the international system.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Considering that Merritt as a singer has a contentious relationship with pitch, he is perhaps not in the greatest position to argue for the sacrosanctity of his tunes.
- It would be an absurdity to maintain the sacrosanctity of confidentiality if that itself was putting people very seriously at risk.
- This is a purely hypothetical example, but I don't see anyone really defending the sacrosanctity of consumer privacy under this set of circumstances.
Late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro 'by a sacred rite' (ablative of sacrum) + sanctus 'holy'.
Palabras que riman con sacrosanctmulct • unthanked
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda