- What we would want are safeguards to prevent insurance companies getting access to the data and using it to make people pay more for their health insurance.
- Those delays may impel companies to build up precautionary inventories as a safeguard against distribution disruptions.
- Gilfillan says the engineers reports are just a precaution - a safeguard against an unknown future.
- This leads to higher prices, which is always resented by those consumers whose jobs are not safeguarded through protection.
- The welfare of the people is contingent upon preserving and safeguarding our national unity.
- The minister saw our point and was quite enthusiastic about the idea provided the Government's financial situation was safeguarded.
Late Middle English (denoting protection or safe conduct): from Old French sauve garde, from sauve 'safe' + garde 'guard'. Compare with saggar.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: safe|guard
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.