Having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgement; wise or shrewd: they were sagacious enough to avoid any outright confrontation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was wise and sagacious, but prone to dissension and his spirit was that of calmness under fire.
- Yet the interminable self-contemplation, articulate and sagacious though it is, proves to be a bit too much of a good thing, and this gray, humorless, dispassionate novel eventually sinks under the weight of it all.
- He's buzzing with ideas, opinions and sagacious thoughts.
discerning, judicious, canny, penetrating, perceptive, acute, astute, shrewd, prudent, politic, thoughtful, full of insight, insightful, percipient, perspicacious, philosophical, profound, deep
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The budding politico sagaciously put his arm around Ashalea and explained that the Berlin Wall ran down the middle of a ‘communist country’ known as Berlin.
- I'm suddenly reminded of the doctor's warning broadcast on TV the night before: promiscuous adults and teenagers alike, he sagaciously advised, should use condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS.
- He didn't seem to pick up on my sarcasm, because he just nodded sagaciously and replied, ‘That they are.’