1Canvas or other material used for making sails.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dacron sails have also largely replaced canvas sailcloth.
- Constructed of fine sailcloth, the sails range from four-meter rectangles for beginners, eight meter for all around use and a large 11-meter sail for use in the lightest wind conditions.
- Nelson's ships sailed into action with sailcloth mostly coming from Dundee with Baxter's stamps all over it.
1.1A canvas-like fabric used for making durable weatherproof clothes: their trousers were made from sturdy sailcloth
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- None of my clothes fit and I had to have dungarees made out of sailcloth.
- Made of 70% cotton / 30% nylon oxford sailcloth with a 100% cotton poplin body lining.
- Most of them have good suits and bizdev-guy blue sailcloth shirts.
Definición de sailcloth en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda