Definición de saker en inglés:
1A large Eurasian falcon with a brown back and whitish head, used in falconry.
- Falco cherrug, family Falconidae
- The larger, dark brown and gray barred Altai Saker falcons are the favorite bird of Arab falconers.
- Some sakers have extremely pale plumage, appearing almost white in flight. Wealthy falconers are prepared to pay a fortune for these attractive birds.
2An early form of cannon.
- The saker fired solid iron shot, weighing between 1.8 and 2.7 kg (4-6lb). These would not explode on impact, but would bounce along the ground until they crashed into something or someone.
- Fort St. Maries had eight cannons, purchased by Lord Baltimore in 1633. Of these, four were rated as sakers and four as the larger demiculverins.
- English colonists gave their artillery colorful names, such as falcon, saker, demiculverin, and culverin, to name a few.
Definición de saker en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan