Definición de salad en inglés:
- The Nouveau goes well with cold cuts, salads, poultry, meat dishes and cheese.
- You can also use the young leaves of Florence Fennel in salads and other cold dishes.
- Hey, I even started putting oil and vinegar on my salads instead of salad cream.
- If you've got a dry bread, add a slice of tomato, a little extra mayo, or save it for tuna or egg salad.
- The tuna pasta salad was creamy with mayonnaise, and although I could taste some dill, it tasted flat and old.
- She also recommends pasta salad mixed with tuna, or bean and rice soups with fruit on the side.
One of many words that go back to Latin sal salt. The root implies that it was the dressing or seasoning that originally characterized a salad, and not the vegetables. The expression your salad days, ‘the time when you are young and inexperienced’, is one of Shakespeare's inventions, occurring in Antony and Cleopatra. The idea behind the phrase becomes clearer when you read the full line spoken by Cleopatra: ‘My salad days, When I was green in judgement’. Shakespeare used the word salad in a play on green, which is still used today in the sense ‘inexperienced or naïve’. The expression was made better known by the success of Julian Slade's 1956 musical Salad Days about some students starting out in the adult world.
one's salad days
- The period when one is young and inexperienced: the war seemed to be ending and so were my salad daysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In my salad days as an eager young university student, I came across a tutor who had something of a reputation for enjoying an occasional flutter on the stock market.
- So, in Denis Santry's salad days, when he was a young wild man living on his own, what did they call his little flat?
- But these were their salad days, and they were young and hopeful.
- 1.1The peak or heyday of something: journey back to the salad days of the railways[From Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra i. v. 73]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The global fight-back appears to be working as the company is enjoying its own salad days after two years of the first business slump in its history.
- We reside in the salad days of global liquidity and speculative excess.
- We thought the salad days of heavy metal were long over.
Palabras que riman con saladballad
Definición de salad en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.