Definición de salami slicing en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] British informal
The process of gradually reducing the size of something by a series of small incremental steps: several years of false economies from the salami slicing of budgets had created an underlying lack of confidence [as modifier]: public services were sparely run anyway, so salami-slicing cuts were no longer viable
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He voiced worries that today's announcement would not be the last "salami slicing" of the post office network.
- But most have been "salami slicing" - changes at the margins rather than changes in business practices.
- Keep in mind - Eric and I would mildly to strongly disagree on where to stop the salami slicing if this were possible.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the moment, his premiership is in danger of being salami-sliced to death.
- Every project that costs anything at all is either cut entirely or salami-sliced, with obvious implications for operational effectiveness.
- The road is salami-sliced into slivers, separated by paramilitary police observation posts at intervals of as little as fifty metres.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda