Definición de salami slicing en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] British informal
The process of gradually reducing the size of something by a series of small incremental steps: several years of false economies from the salami slicing of budgets had created an underlying lack of confidence [as modifier]: public services were sparely run anyway, so salami-slicing cuts were no longer viable
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Back then, he claimed to have one overriding objective: to trim spending without resorting to salami-slicing.
- Their grand strategy is, and always has been, salami-slicing.
- India would then have to decide whether to extend this kind of salami-slicing to other sectors or to expand the scale of operations.
- Example sentences
- He said: "The Home Office is trying to salami-slice the population to get this scheme going in any way they can."
- He said the current health insurance system is costly and "hostile to innovation" and warned that Democrats were "trying to salami-slice their way to" nationalized health care.
- At the moment, his premiership is in danger of being salami-sliced to death.