Definición de salami slicing en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] British informal
The process of gradually reducing the size of something by a series of small incremental steps: several years of false economies from the salami slicing of budgets had created an underlying lack of confidence [as modifier]: public services were sparely run anyway, so salami-slicing cuts were no longer viable
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Back then, he claimed to have one overriding objective: to trim spending without resorting to salami-slicing.
- Their grand strategy is, and always has been, salami-slicing.
- India would then have to decide whether to extend this kind of salami-slicing to other sectors or to expand the scale of operations.
- Example sentences
- He said: "The Home Office is trying to salami-slice the population to get this scheme going in any way they can."
- He said the current health insurance system is costly and "hostile to innovation" and warned that Democrats were "trying to salami-slice their way to" nationalized health care.
- At the moment, his premiership is in danger of being salami-sliced to death.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan