- 1A Brazilian dance of African origin: a woman danced the samba carrying a pitcher of lemonadeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Dances like the samba, rhumba, cha-cha, and mambo were the sexiest things that white people were allowed to do until the twist came along, and Cugie was always there to fill the bill.
- Brazilian samba also appears in the global music and dance show, tomorrow from 6.30 pm.
- A young Brazilian chorus called Crianca Feliz dressed in colorful T-shirts sang and danced a samba inside the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall auditorium, preceded by a trio of singers from Argentina.
- 1.1A piece of music for the samba: folk tunes from the north of Brazil, or sambas from the southMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The finale is a blazing samba, with all sorts of cross-rhythms and various textures.
- Already well-liked for her breezy bossa novas and sambas, Joyce has come to the UK with a tour, a fresh set of songs and a stylish six-piece band.
- He is an experienced musician with specialist skills in percussion, rhythm, samba, composition and making percussion instruments from different cultures.
- 1.2A lively modern ballroom dance imitating the samba.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They danced to ‘Love Is in the Air,’ backed up by about twenty ballroom dancers in the center and 700 couples around the outside track perimeter, all doing a lively samba.
verbo (sambas, sambaing /-bə(r)ɪŋ/, sambaed /-bəd/ or samba'd)[no object] Volver al principio
- Dance the samba: how do you kill five hours in Rio if you don’t samba?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He sambas, he shimmies, and he specialises in fast-footwork moves that delight the audience.
- Men like the late Jim Butler and Seamus Sommers took us first-timers out on the floor to teach us to waltz, do foxtrots, quicksteps and to samba.
- Everyone's back on stage for the Carnaval Finale, and there'll be plenty of room for the audience to samba and share the festive spirit.
late 19th century: from Portuguese, of African origin.
Más definiciones de sambaDefinición de samba en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.