sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1A member of the aboriginal peoples of southern Africa commonly called Bushmen. See Bushman.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I knew very well,’ he said, ‘That one did not call someone a San to his face.’
- Yet the research could also be twisted to bolster deep-seated prejudices against the San, probably the most abused and downtrodden ethnic group in southern Africa.
- Cognatic systems are found among Whites, Caprivians and some San, while patrilineal descent is found among Khoekhoegowab- and Tswana-speakers.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the San or their languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The human rights organisation claimed that the men spoke Secherechere, a San dialect, and at the time of their trial understood neither Setswana (the language of Botswana) nor any language other than their own.
- Organized as a series of conversations conducted by young San interviewers that went out into their communities to collect the thoughts and feelings of their elders and peers, this compilation captures the spirit of modern San communities and helps create an understanding of their rich history.
from Nama sān 'aboriginals, settlers'.
Más definiciones de SANDefinición de San en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
- informal term for sanatorium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The next day, when I woke up in the san covered in sick, I knew the school was finished with me, and I was with it.
- But I would rather you just took her to the san rather than play doctor next time, okay?
- At that point, the growth could be surgically removed in my father's case, more than a year after he'd first been admitted to the san.