Definición de sandblast en inglés:
Roughen or clean (a surface) with a jet of sand driven by compressed air or steam: warehouses and factories have been sandblasted, then converted into shopping arcades and condos
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A similar look can be achieved with a light wash of muriatic acid after the concrete has cured or by sandblasting a cured surface.
- It has lower ramps; the players have rounded feet, which helps players pin the ball; the balls and surface are sandblasted and the nets are higher.
- The finished panels were then sandblasted to clean and remove all sand particles.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A jet of sand used in sandblasting.
- Dry sandblast cleaning is a relatively new method of cleaning newly built masonry, although the system has been used for many years in masonry restoration work.
- The first time I ever had a facial, in a London salon that shall remain nameless, I made the mistake of confessing that my beauty ‘routine’ comprised the occasional sandblast of exfoliation in the midst of weeks of arid neglect.
- His guitar is a gristly sandblast to the eardrums, buzzing over a keyed-up rhythm section, and the raw mix doesn't shave off the edges.
- Example sentences
- The doctor uses a wandlike handpiece - it operates somewhat like a gentle sandblaster - to spray fine crystals against the skin at high speed.
- Through cleaning, chroming and repair and using instruments such as a sandblaster, kiln and sprayers, an older appliance can look as good as new.
- They were about to collect her husband, Michael, who worked as a sandblaster and handyman locally, when tragedy struck.
Definición de sandblast en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia