Definición de sandblast en inglés:
Roughen or clean (a surface) with a jet of sand driven by compressed air or steam: warehouses and factories have been sandblasted, then converted into shopping arcades and condos
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A similar look can be achieved with a light wash of muriatic acid after the concrete has cured or by sandblasting a cured surface.
- It has lower ramps; the players have rounded feet, which helps players pin the ball; the balls and surface are sandblasted and the nets are higher.
- The finished panels were then sandblasted to clean and remove all sand particles.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A jet of sand used in sandblasting.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dry sandblast cleaning is a relatively new method of cleaning newly built masonry, although the system has been used for many years in masonry restoration work.
- The first time I ever had a facial, in a London salon that shall remain nameless, I made the mistake of confessing that my beauty ‘routine’ comprised the occasional sandblast of exfoliation in the midst of weeks of arid neglect.
- His guitar is a gristly sandblast to the eardrums, buzzing over a keyed-up rhythm section, and the raw mix doesn't shave off the edges.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The doctor uses a wandlike handpiece - it operates somewhat like a gentle sandblaster - to spray fine crystals against the skin at high speed.
- Through cleaning, chroming and repair and using instruments such as a sandblaster, kiln and sprayers, an older appliance can look as good as new.
- They were about to collect her husband, Michael, who worked as a sandblaster and handyman locally, when tragedy struck.
Definición de sandblast en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India