A small crustacean of the seashore which typically lives among seaweed and leaps when disturbed. Also called sand flea.
- Orchestia and other genera, order Amphipoda
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The high productivity is evident everywhere - huge rubbery masses of kelp washed up on the beaches, attracting swarms of sandhoppers and the birds that feed on them, including the elegant African black oystercatcher.
- People standing near the edge of this angular structure look as small as sandhoppers from where we are.
- Zonal recovery is a prompt escape towards the sea performed by sandhoppers under stressful environmental conditions.
Definición de sandhopper en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.