Definición de sandpit en inglés:
1A quarry from which sand is excavated.
- The team, led by C. Susanth, found that most of the tributaries of the Bharathappuzha have dried up even before the start of the summer season, posing a threat to the breeding of the Tern, which lays its eggs in sandpits in the banks.
- Interest groups are claiming gross mismanagement of the sandpits and land is being given out secretly to ensure that if political sides change, there would be some form of insurance for certain people.
- The material was brought from Feehily's and Kennedy's sandpits in Dawros by horse and cart.
1.1British A shallow box or hollow in the ground, partly filled with sand for children to play in.
- I remember those occasions, half a lifetime ago, when our children played together in the sandpit, we fought badminton matches in the garden and enjoyed open, easy banter between the two families.
- We urge parents, grandparents and child carers to turn ponds into child-friendly sandpits.
- Maybe I am giving out negative vibes about nursery or perhaps it is some genetic defect that makes us both violently allergic to stickle-bricks and sandpits, but whatever the reason, he is having none of it at the moment.
Definición de sandpit en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan