Definición de santero en inglés:
sustantivo (plural santeros)
1(In Mexico and Spanish-speaking areas of the south-western US) a person who makes religious images: a visual arts show will include five works by santero Patrocinio Barela
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While his works and those of many other accomplished santeros are painted, the Spanish colonial tradition also includes nonpainted santos.
- Unfortunately (at least, given the demands of orientalist discourse), as exotic as santero art might be, all the early santeros were male.
- These days there are so many santeros (crafters of santos) that one enthusiastic collector says, ‘It's like there's a wood-carver behind every tree.’
2A priest of the santeria religious cult.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A Manhattan-based santero priestess describes mercury as ‘a magnet that brings luck and love.’
- As an anglo santero, for example, you might be playing out the roles inscribed by colonial culture, but you're enacting a taboo - ‘going native.’
- Have you considered going to a santero (I'm not sure if the same term is used in Candomblé) and asking for help or advice?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia