- Relating to or denoting either of the two large superficial veins in the leg.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its continued use after 1 year in patients with saphenous vein to coronary artery grafts is justified on the grounds of the beneficial effect of aspirin in coronary artery disease.
- During coronary artery bypass graft surgery, a general surgeon is asked by the cardiac surgeon to harvest a saphenous vein.
- The treatment of old saphenous vein graft stenosis with coronary angioplasty has a high rate of restenosis and clinical events.
mid 19th century: from medieval Latin saphena 'vein' + -ous.
Más definiciones de saphenousDefinición de saphenous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.