Definición de sapper en inglés:
1A soldier responsible for tasks such as building and repairing roads and bridges, laying and clearing mines, etc.
- This is extremely significant when you consider the reduction of the number of sappers in combat engineer companies.
- Without tackling these issues, we will not see the necessary synergy between several seemingly disparate Army cultures: the sapper, the topographic engineer, and the MP.
- A handful - their numbers are not known - served as bomb disposal sappers, working to disarm the weapons of destruction, not to inflict them on the innocent.
1.1British A private soldier in the Corps of Royal Engineers.
- In Britain private soldiers in the Royal Engineers are styled sappers, and the term is applied generally to any military engineer - what would in America be termed a combat engineer.
- But for those young sappers - as soldiers of the Royal Engineers are known - there was one big difference.
- Chris, 21, said he was happy to be back in his home town after a long stint in Iraq as a sapper with his Germany-based Royal Engineers unit.
Definición de sapper en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan