- 1 • formal or • humorous Relating to lesbians or lesbianism: sapphic loversMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Surprisingly, given the straight male interest in lesbian couplings, sapphic commercials are still rare.
- Another strategy is adopted in Versary's closing sequence of ‘Sapphics’, a title punning between lesbian contents and sapphic fragments.
- As far as womanscaping, she says, ‘there is a cadre of lesbians who like hairier women, the she-bears of the sapphic world.’
- 2 (Sapphic) Relating to Sappho or her poetry.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In other words, the Sapphic lyric refuses the chronological unfolding of time and instead endlessly repeats the activity of looking back to the past even as it predicts its own future rewriting.
- Reviewers and critics paid Swinburne the compliment of identifying him with Sappho and praising his talent as Sapphic.
- Another is that I thought it reimagined Aphrodite, her presence, in a Sapphic way.
sustantivo(sapphics) Volver al principio
- Verse in a metre associated with Sappho.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meanwhile soldier poets wrote odes and sapphics based on dead forms borrowed from the Greeks while laying plans to translate the Aeneid.
Más definiciones de sapphicDefinición de sapphic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.