- An organism that feeds on or derives nourishment from decaying organic matter.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In contrast to ciliates, Opalina combined large cell size and the need for fast growth by evolving numerous genetically equivalent nuclei per cell (like siphoneous algae and many hyphal saprotrophs - fungi and pseudofungi).
- Fungal endophytes and saprotrophs generally play an important ecological role within plant tissues and dead plant material.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although fungi are thought of as saprotrophic or parasitic, more than one third of the known fungi are involved in mutualistic symbioses.
- Those illustrated in Fig.4 resemble simple cord-forming, saprotrophic basidomycetes, which are involved in lignin decomposition (L. Boddy, pers. comm. 2001; work in progress).
- However, if no suitable photobiont is available, the mycobiont can survive in a loose association with other algae or behave as a saprotrophic fungus.
back-formation from saprotrophic.
Más definiciones de saprotrophDefinición de saprotroph en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.