sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- The loss of skeletal muscle mass and strength as a result of ageing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is principally the result of sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass) and occurs to a greater degree in older women than men.
- Strength training can prevent or aid several age-related illnesses among seniors, including the muscle destroying sarcopenia.
- A new name, sarcopenia or vanishing flesh has been applied to Maude's illness.
1990s: from Greek sarx, sark- 'flesh' + penia 'poverty'.
Más definiciones de sarcopeniaDefinición de sarcopenia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.