Relating to tailoring, clothes, or style of dress: sartorial elegance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Do you know a businessman who turns heads as he strides the city's sidewalks in his perfectly tailored sartorial elegance?
- Patients prefer doctors to dress in a semiformal style, but when accompanied by a smiling face it is even better, suggesting a friendly manner may be more important than sartorial style.
- I've dressed up a bit in deference to Evans's sartorial elegance.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sitting in his sunny front room silhouetted in the bay window, white t-shirt, tartan shorts and sports socks, he is sartorially the polar opposite of the traditional bow-tie and tails combo.
- Fortunately our appearance did not put off our new-found, sartorially elegant friends and we spent three days fishing with them, fishing mini-matches on two of those days.
- Certainly the more sartorially aware New Yorkers adore his stuff.
Early 19th century: from Latin sartor 'tailor' (from sarcire 'to patch') + -ial.
Palabras que riman con sartorialaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, reportorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sar|tor¦ial
Definición de sartorial en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda