Definición de saturate en inglés:
- She grabbed a towel by the sink and turned on the cold water, saturating the towel thoroughly.
- As the frigid water saturates his jacket and pants, his first instinct is to let out a loud gasp.
- When using a spray hose, spray low and hold it closely against your pet's coat so water saturates the coat and skin.
- Eventually, the surface of the activated charcoal will be saturated with absorbed pollutants and no further purification will occur.
- The liqueur is saturated with sugar, so I expected the viscosity to be high, but it also contains 43% alcohol.
- To be fully active, osteocalcin must be saturated with carboxyl groups, and that's vitamin K's job.
- Gran opens one of the containers and immediately the dog's nostrils are saturated with a powerful chemical smell.
- After 45 solid minutes I was totally saturated with information and all sorts of flashing images.
- Recently, the popular music sector was saturated with boy bands, girl groups and choreographed vocalists in the wake of the fall of grunge.
- It's the nature of business to take a profitable idea and exploit it until the market is utterly saturated with similar product and demand dries up as a result.
- With 508 stores in the U.S. and 114 in Canada, the company is perilously close to saturating the market.
- For instance, the company built on its early success by saturating a local market with multiple locations.
- Biscuits, buns, cakes and pastries, puddings, and ice cream could be taxed if they raised cholesterol concentrations but exempt if the ratio of polyunsaturates to saturates were more favourable.
- For a lot of women, the last thing in the world they need to do is lower their HDL, so an appropriate blend of fat would include some saturates.
- According to the manufacturer, a 34.5g bag of salt and vinegar crisps contains 11.4g of fat, of which 5.2g are the more harmful saturates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ceftriaxone is highly protein bound; however, this process is saturable.
- Relay through titratable sites is characterized by protons binding to titratable sites, which may lead to saturable pH-dependent conductance.
- Since the uptake of aminoglycosides into renal tubular cells is a saturable process, larger doses would not be expected to be any more nephrotoxic than smaller doses.
Late Middle English (as an adjective in the sense 'satisfied'): from Latin saturat- 'filled, glutted', from the verb saturare, from satur 'full'. The early sense of the verb (mid 16th century) was 'satisfy'; the noun dates from the 1950s.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.