(also savoy cabbage)
A cabbage of a hardy variety with densely wrinkled leaves.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There was a nice waxy potato and onion gratin, stir-fried savoy cabbage, sweet roast carrots, quite acceptable courgette and mangetout.
- ‘Savoy Express’ is the earliest savoy cabbage, just perfect for that crispy slaw or cabbage salad, and each 1-1 1/2 pound head can be spaced only 12 inches apart.
- And a hefty braised pork chop with carrots, savoy cabbage, and fingerling potatoes is just the kind of comfort food we crave now.
Late 16th century: from Savoy.
Palabras que riman con savoyahoy, alloy, Amoy, annoy, boy, buoy, cloy, coy, destroy, employ, enjoy, Hanoi, hoi polloi, hoy, Illinois, joy, koi, oi, ploy, poi, Roy, soy, tatsoi, toy, trompe l'œil, troy
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- One of Killy's ancillary ambitions had also been fulfilled: to upgrade roads, tunnels, water purification facilities, and sewers of the entire Savoyard region.
- We glided ankle-deep in fresh powder down through the woods from which the Savoyard have been making their living since the 11 th century.
- He is not a Londoner; he is a Savoyard from the French Alps.
Pronunciación: /ˌsavɔɪˈɑːd/ /səˈvɔɪɑːd/adjetivo& sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda