Definición de saying en inglés:
1A short, pithy, commonly known expression which generally offers advice or wisdom.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Often a pithy saying or proverb has been written in the chosen script beside the alphabet.
- I mean we have a common saying in paediatrics that up until about six years of age your child will have six to eight viral infections a year.
- I'll finish with a saying I like to use in all of my motivational speeches: Challenges are inevitable.
1.1 (sayings) A collection of short, pithy expressions identified with a particular person, especially a political or religious leader: this is stated in the sayings of the Prophet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many of the country's laws are based on the Koran and the Hadith, a collection of Mohammed's sayings.
- Of course, Islamic economists can also draw upon the recorded sayings of Muhammed, which are summarized in the 19 volume Encyclopedia of Hadith.
- Also uncovered in the papyri were a fragment of collected sayings of Jesus - ‘a sort of greatest hits’ - and a book of quotations by the Son of God.
as (or so) the saying goes (or is)
- Used to introduce or follow an expression, drawing attention to its status as a saying rather than part of one’s normal language: I am, as the saying goes, burnt outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many hands make light work or so the saying goes, so imagine just what's possible among 166 community and voluntary groups throughout the county.
- Everyone, so the saying goes, has a book in them; a writer is someone with more than one, and preferably not all about themselves.
- Winning isn't everything, so the saying goes, but for a top sports player losing is the worst imaginable outcome.
Palabras que riman con sayingslaying
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda