Definición de scabious en inglés:
A plant of the teasel family, with pink, white, or (most commonly) blue pincushion-shaped flowers.
- Scabiosa, Knautia, and other genera, family Dipsacaceae: several species, including the devil’s bit scabious (see devil’s bit)
- There were still flowers in plenty, pink campion, toadflax, small blue scabious, honeysuckle, and six-inch mushrooms, inedible no doubt, but the blackberries were ripe and juicy enough to quench thirst.
- Purple gentians and orchids, blue scabious and harebells, orange hawkweeds, and cream and pink yarrow provide a kaleidoscope of colour to enjoy at the end of your walk.
- The biological remains show Silbury I was built on mature chalk grassland containing plants such as salad burnet, small scabious, bird's foot trefoil and meadow buttercup, with very little woodland in the area.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Definición de scabious en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary