- Imitation marble or other stone, made of plaster mixed with glue and dyes which is then painted or polished: [as modifier]: scagliola columnsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The splendid scagliola columns are repaired and polished to their eighteenth-century condition.
- The Egyptian dining room had been painted over, but when stripped it revealed a vast expanse of scagliola (18th-century plaster marbling).
- Neapolitan workshops also produced scagliola, a composition substance that could closely imitate pietre dure decoration.
mid 18th century: from Italian scagliuola, diminutive of scaglia 'a scale'.
Más definiciones de scagliolaDefinición de scagliola en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.