- A small modified leaf, especially a colourless membranous one, such as on a rhizome or forming part of a bulb.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each GU can be identified by the existence of morphological markers in the form of scale leaf and assimilating leaf scars alternately distributed along the aerial axes.
- For example, a scale leaf that is able to support greater rates of water loss may have a higher total productivity than a much larger leaf that requires high surface resistances.
- Later, when trees reach the adult stage, leaf primordia differentiate into scale leaves, and photosynthetic activity is shifted to long needles differentiated on short shoots.
Más definiciones de scale leafDefinición de scale leaf en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.